18 October 2009

5 days in Bundi

It was action packed...go go go...but that's what happens when you have skills and gifts that are of use in a place with few resources for such skills and gifts...Thursday was the Kwejuna Distribution, I did my usual information gathering at the check in table of sorts, mom and dad, along with John and Barb Elwood, prayed with any HIV + women who wanted prayer which is actually a role I've never played at a Kwejuna Distribution, one that I think would be a significantly impactful experience, so one that I'm glad my parents had the opportunity to do. Kwejuna is documented by pictures 3 & 4. The first two are friends from around the Mission...the first is Lydia, two friends, and Kym, the second is Naome and Page. After the distribution there was team meeting (dad taught/led discussion on the Peacemaker book by Ken Sande) followed by Pizza. Friday, dad did prep work for the teaching he was going to be doing, mom and I went to the health center where some of the staff was doing a cooking demonstration for mom's with kids admitted to the pediatric ward (last 4 pictures). Saturday dad taught church and community leaders and an assortment of team members again on the Peacemaker book. In the afternoon we went to Ngite (local waterfall up into the mountains a short bit). Sunday dad preached in church and then again in the evening at team worship. Monday mom and I went to the health center again and dad taught a day long seminar with Christ School staff on the Peacemaker book. Tuesday morning we left! It was short and packed full, and there was so much I didn't get to show them, people they didn't meet, places they didn't go, food they didn't eat...but I am thankful for the time we had. It was precious indeed to be able to show my life here to them, to have them live it for a bit. And there marks the reverse order documentation of my parents trip, from end to begining...it was so much fun and I am so thankful for the opportunity they had to come. Love you guys!







No comments: