18 October 2009

Back a few months....




It seems like such a long time ago now...but I never finished the photo documentation of my parents trip here, so here's another few installments that I think will complete the 3 weeks of fun :) After leaving Bundibugyo we drove to Kampala where we stayed at the ARA for a couple nights...we hadn't planned for a couple nights, but we were all pretty tired. I took Sarah to the airport the next morning, went and got Pat a few new tires (she had oh so generously lent us her vehicle for our travels), then returned to the ARA and took a 4 HOUR nap...I've always been a good sleeper...from infancy I've been told, and the summer had taken it's toll...I was bushed (as my dad would say) and in a real bed, even if the middle of the afternoon, I was OUT! My parents told me they wondered whether they should wake me or not, but decided against it. I eventually pulled myself out of bed and returned to the rest of the world. The top photo is the haven of rest known as the ARA :) It has a pool and so my mom (as close to a fish as any person I know) was quickly at home, and anywhere that my dad can sit outside and read, he's content. So we stayed two nights, and then we drove east. Driving from Kampala east towards Mbale and on to Sipi Falls, we crossed the Nile, and visited the source, and then we drove up the Nile a bit to Bujagali Falls...one of the falls that I rafter over last year about the same time with Ashley and Sarah. My dad loves rivers and streams, and white water, he was in awe, as were we all. It was fun to see the falls from the river bank and be able to take a few photos (our rafting trip went un-documented - for obvious reasons). The power of the water was incredible. I have video footage, but not the bandwidth to post it, so you'll just have to trust me :)

No comments: