25 April 2010

"Use caution near the edge"


see, it's the little things in life that try to put you over the edge...(photo from Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona, USA)

God has been doing a lot in my heart and soul these days, I wrote an update about it and have tried sending it about 6 times and yahoo's updated spam protection or some annoying thing like that has stood in my way...so that made me think, well, maybe I shouldn't send it to everyone...my tendency is to be too vulnerable with too many people, so maybe God is trying to protect my heart for me...so I tried sending it to a smaller group...still no go...grrrrr

Another "anonymous secret" posting from today reminds me that I'm not alone in my struggle to maintain some semblance of balance between vulnerability and "indecent exposure" of sorts, when it comes to my heart...

"my kids don't know my baggage...to tell them might destroy them [or me]. Not telling them means they don't really know me."
So, maybe you'll find an update in your inbox, maybe you won't. In any case, you can take my word for it and praise God with me and continue to pray for me when you think of it.

1 comment:

sarajane said...

Dear Heidi,

"There is holiness in the things of the heart" John Keats. I really believe that everything that is heart felt is valuable and therefore worth sharing. I have open relationships with my children and they therefore do know me. They are also then able to keep themselves from stumbling where I stumbled.
We women are blessed in that we are not expected to be tough. But in allowing yourself to be vulnerable you are really showing that you have the God kind of strength. Be fearless Heidi and may the God of David bless you in it.