10 July 2010

just a few tidbits on a saturday morning

  • killed 2 HUGE rats in our house this week...both in a 24 hour period of time...picture this: Heidi with the push broom, Anna Linhart with the aluminum t-ball bat, a slightly poison-drunk rat the size of a small ferret shimmying across the front room floor...shrieks, cracks of the bat on the cement floor...a squish followed by groans and a high five in the hopes of a couple nights of ratless sleep! Wuh hoo!!!!!!!
  • torrential downpour at dinner time yesterday shortly after a conversation with my sister about monsoons in India...pretty sure this was something like she's seeing in Mumbai...but as our porch began to flood I donned my rain boots (thanks to Susannah Eisenbraun!) and braved the monsoon of sorts in order to unclog leaves and brush from the rain ditch that runs around the side of the house...I wasn't quite sure if it was effective in the least, but when I had done all I could, I looked up at the porch and the water had receded...success!
  • last team mtg. with the Myhres on thursday...quiet tears during priority prayer and praise, a heavy hearted dance party.
  • "Mujungiri" (stubborn one) = Jeff and Carrie tell me that I'm the most stubborn person they have ever met, and many others would probably join them in that claim. This has been a week of battles waged inside my head and heart...thursday I realized I need to give up the fight. I am not in fact an orphan that has to fight for and stick up for herself in order to survive. Giving in is like death to me...I've done a lot of dying this week, and believe me, it's not pretty.
  • Last saturday morning walk with Jennifer. I don't get up at 6:30am on Saturday mornings for just anyone. These have been really sweet times, blessings of friendship in the midst of work. Again, quiet tears.
  • Anticipation of the party of a lifetime! Tomorrow there will be church followed by a meal and party to celebrate the work God has done over the last 17 years of service in the time God has given the Myhres and Pat here in Bundibugyo...There will be choirs (like 4-6 of them I think), there will be dancing, there will be testimony. I most look forward to the singing and dancing of the choirs...the drums, the harmony, the voices - so beautiful...gives me goosebumps...
  • Anticipation of many tears monday morning on the airstrip...I'm thankful for the tears, it means there's much to be thankful for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rats?! You killed 2 large rats?
Amazing.
ma