03 August 2010

I miss...vol 3

The Pierce family Jan. 23, 2010 the night before they said goodbye to Bundibugyo


Annelise: Her cinnamon raisin bread hot out of the oven, her creative/visionary mind and heart, the random and all too infrequent conversations we would have while I sat at her kitchen counter on a stool...about Community Supported Agriculture in the US, chic flicks, American baby paraphenalia, sex ed curiculums, etc...

David: His sense of humor, the game of trying to figure out if he's serious or kidding, his appreciation of "Arise my soul Arise" at 6:30am, his bass voice singing harmony, his appreciation of a good gin & tonic...

Naomi: Her fashion sense, her LOVE of cabbage salad, her African english, the few times she saw fit to "play" with my hair, her creation of the V.S.P., her passion about lasagna, her passion about history, her compassion in asking friends to send stuffed animals for the kids on the pediatric ward...

Quinn: His curly blonde hair, his rough and tumble enjoyment of every day, his appreciation of the Sound of Music ("These are a few of my favorite things..."), his passion about sausage, his throw-back-the-head-laugh, the way he and Gaby kept Miss Ashley laughing...


----------------------------------------------------------------------------

And this third volume completes the series...all the people I've said goodbye to in the last 8 months...Love to you all, you are missed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Heidi,
I am really enjoying your blogs. Thank you so much. I also empathize with you about how hard it is to be left behind when friends go off to new lives. Hope it's a little comfort to know that you are in my prayers. I am grateful for your spirit and the inspiration of your service. God bless. Judy in HMB