30 April 2008

whoah baby!

Today I was overwhelmed. I was pediatric bedside nurse, in & outpatient & satellite center nutrition programs coordinator, ART clinic staff, and hospital supply storeroom personnel - all at once...and I'm not very good at multi tasking, have I said that before? I think I have. Today I was keeenly aware! I was also keenly aware of the fact that it is a work of God that anyone survives admission to this health center...really, some days it just seems miraculous, and today was one of them. Myhre's, Masso's and Pierce's and Ashley are all traveling, so it's Pat and Sarah and I holding down the fort.

Back to the idea of paradoxes, and the notion that this place is full of them, or that life here for me is full of them. There's the 6 hours at the health center that are just pure madness with everybody gone - not many to bounce ideas off of, to share work load with, etc. And then there's home - which while everyone is gone has a calm to it that's really pretty nice! There's not the rush rush of people coming in and out of your house with questions/meetings/dinner appointments, etc. The time here while most of the team is traveling is a paradox of madness and calm.

And then I have this question...has Aquafresh toothpaste always been red white and blue striped or was it infact red, white and green striped when I was small? I don't think I've used it in about 15 years but I bought some here and have been perplexed each morning and night when I go to spread it on my toothbrush...doesn't quite look right...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also think it was red, white and green....

Katharine F. Bedsole said...

I agree with Melanie - red, white, and green.

Loving your posts and reading them regularly.

Karen said...

I thought it started out red, white and blue. I wonder if there is something different about the Uganda type that makes us wonder. Or we all need to give our ages...