07 May 2009

Happy Nurses Week

Well, I was reminded AFTER that last post that this is in fact National Nurses’ Week in the United States (the first full week in May always is). So, consider these posts my ode to my fellow nurses…I won’t wax eloquent about my pride in my profession but will just say “Webale Milimo” (thanks for the work). And to my coworkers at SLCH, you guys ROCK! I just unpacked a somehow misplaced bag of vitamins you guys so generously sent for the kids here, and was reminded of my time there and of all of your smiling faces ☺ And reminded of my need to apologize profusely for failing to come back a second time and visit when I was around in March – that month was a total whirlwind and I want you to know that I was in tears on the plane out of St. Louis partially because of all of the things I wasn’t able to do and people I knew I disappointed, some of whom were you guys…so Pammy – I still tell stories about how you made me laugh and the looks you used to give me when I forget yet another thing after going in one of the isolation rooms ☺ All of the Beths – thanks for the emails and keep them comin’ (sorry for failing to respond as of late). All of you – thanks for the blog comments and emails and encouragement and know that I think of you often! Oh, and treat those med students you have this month well, one of them is a good friend of mine.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Happy Nurses Week to my very favorite nurse!!