15 May 2009

Lifter of our heads

I don't have anything slick or funny or inventive to say, I just wanted to write something to let you all know we're in a pretty bad way over here...the last several weeks have been hard for me, and this week everyone else seems to have been dragged under as well. Widespread theft on mission property has lead to us feeling threatened, unwelcome, discouraged, angry, hopeless, frustrated, and angry again. We will meet today as a team to talk about what has happened and what our plan together as a Mission will be, but we are emotionally/physically/spiritually tired, homesick, heartsick, irritable, and the list goes on, and the answers/solutions are not easy or readily obvious.

I let you know, not so that you'll all write back and make me/us feel better, but so that you will pray and that God would be glorified somehow in and through us...I have been struck that in these opportunities in which we are so vulnerable to dissension, there is such an opportunity for God to be glorified. Pray that God would be the lifter of our heads.

7 comments:

2WeeMonsters said...

You and your team are covered in prayer, sister!

Anonymous said...

Heidi, I am praying with all my heart that God will bring you peace and joy, and that the community that you serve will find a way to recognize you for the blessing that you are. Judy in HMB

Leslie said...

I'm praying Heidi!!!!! And I love you.

angela said...

hi heidi. i'm praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Oh Heidi, i am sad. i empathize with these emotions just reading this entry. i will pray and ask others to pray. sorry i didnt read before writing to you. God knows and sees it all. He will meet you. love p

Courtney Patch said...

Am praying for you friend. love you!

The Dixons said...

Just to let you know we are praying for you guys, your community, etc. Oh, Jesus--Help!
Love,
Tracey and Jeff