09 May 2008

R&R

...it's so close, I can almost taste it. Just a few minutes ago I finished signing over all of my nutrition and medical work to the appropriate and capable Ugandans, notably Costa, Margaret, Pauline, and Basime. I leave the work confidently in their hands which is sooooo nice.

So, what stands between me and departure tomorrow morning? Packing, cooking/eating dinner, visiting Mukiddi the Myhre's neighbor whose health is not good, and who calls me his nurse. I stopped by earlier but he was sleeping. And from my experience as a nurse and sister and daughter, waking a sleeping man has about the same implications as waking a sleeping baby...actually waking a sleeping Heidi is about the worst of all of the above scenarios! But I digress...in the morning I need to turn off my fridge and stove, take the trash to the trash pit, close the shutters, oh and check my email quickly, then we'll be off. Maybe I'll get to drive to Fort Portal...he he he

I hope to be back online in a week or so from Kampala and then maybe some Skyping and downloading of music and sermons and such will be in order. Until then - WESALOEH!

4 comments:

Monica Hughey said...

Hey Heidi-
I've been reading your blog every chance I can, and telling people at work about it. but me w/ all my blogging experience finally figured out how to make an account and send you a message. It is so good to hear all your stories and see your great pictures. We all miss you at SLCH but know you are doing great things where your at. You are in my thoughts and prayers
Monica

2WeeMonsters said...

Enjoy your rest, sweet lady!

Anonymous said...

Hi Heidi, have been reading your notes, but this is the first time I've tried to reply. Hope you had a nice break, sounds like you've been very busy, doing good work. Happy Belated Nurse's Day! Take care, Gayle (Dana's mom)

Courtney Patch said...

Hi Heidi!!! Hope you are enjoying some rest and relaxation:) Wish I could come hang with you for a while. Maybe someday:) Love you!!!