07 July 2008

A very brief recap

Ashley and I with the Semliki valley in the background, including the Semliki river which at this point also serves as the border to Congo - I've really enjoyed the time every week (or so :) that Ashley and I get to hang out and talk and pray together. She teaches the elementary school aged missionary kids and does a splended job!
WHM Bundibugyo single lades at the Equator!
Standing ON the equator!
Pool view at KFW - spectacular if I do say so myself - I think this place is thus far my favorite getaway in Uganda.
Hippo tracks in Queen Elizabeth National Park
My first hyena

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just wanted to get a quick something posted to say that my 24 hour trip to Kampala was good. It involved the usual: lots of waiting to see people and then getting passed from person to person, office to office - the run around, basically. But I'm fine with that, to an extent, as long as something gets accomplished in the end, and it did, so I was okay with it all.

I made arrangements to be working at Rubaga hospital for 8 weeks, and made arrangements to stay in a place located just across the street from the hospital...I'll say more later, but I really feel like it's all God's provision. Again, not at all what I expected for 8 weeks of my "summer" but I can see His hand in it all, which is really comforting.

In the meantime, it's crunch time, so you won't likely read much from me this week if anything.

Here's a few pictures from the 3 days away we had after Kampala with the team at Kingfisher West (the same location as the last posting of gobs of sunset pictures...). I will say that it was soooo good to have time to spend with my teammates without a set program, away from "work"...to get to know people as people aside from their roles on the team or in the community here in Bundibugyo. Some raucous games of water polo, nertz games galore, and just general hang out time, it was a blast.

3 comments:

angela said...

nice hyena pic! good to hear the updates and that you're getting some soul feeding and community time in balance with life stuff. ;)

Anonymous said...

Heidi-
Happy to hear and SEE that you are doing so well! Bee-yootiful pics! thanks! SLCH sends their love-
beth

Dana said...

Heidi, I'm so glad to hear this update (i.e., that you got to have a few days of real fun with the team). I'll be interested to hear more about what you think of your time at the Rubaga hospital.