21 January 2009

Brief report

We're back. We drove safely back from Semliki Safari Lodge yesterday, and we wrapped up the day by watching the Inauguration on CNN at Myhre's...can I just say the lovely man who did the Benediction totally stole the show! (in my opinion :) Benedictions aren't usually meant to be show stealing I don't think...at least in my 30 years of experience as a PK...that's not to say there aren't some kick butt benedictions out there...Jude 24&25 and Numbers 6:24-26 are particularly remarkable...but anyways, I digress...I of course forget what his name was, but he did a great job. Oh, but then there was that incredible performance of Simple Gifts by 4 incredible musicians...such a cool demonstration of the melting pot of ethnicities and gifts and talents our country takes for granted...and there weren't any words sung, but I think the words to that song are pretty poignant in the context of a presidential inauguration as well...I have some research to do, and you might read more about these things in days to come, but this in indeed just a brief report :)

The retreat was 5 days of God answering prayers above and beyond. Thanks to all of you who prayed for us. There was swimming and praying, eating and drinking, sleeping and chatting, game drives and animals all around.

I'm going to try to post some pictures this weekend if not before...and those Nairobi pictures are coming too...

1 comment:

Travels said...

I thought his benediction was wonderful too Heidi. I especially liked how he cracked out that old civil rights slogan at the end which had everyone grinning with their eyes closed.