30 September 2009

Covenant

"God continued, 'This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and everything living around you and everyone living after you. I'm putting my rainbow in the clouds, a sign of the covenant between me and the Earth. From now on, when I form a cloud over the Earth and the rainbow appears in the cloud, I'll remember my covenant between me and you and everything living, that never again will floodwaters destroy all life. When the rainbow appears in the cloud, I'll see it and remember the eternal covenant between God and everything living, every last living creature on Earth.' And God said, 'This is the sign of the covenant that I've set up between me and everything living on the Earth.'" - Gen 9: 8-17 (The Message)
This is falls #3 from our 3 falls hike at Sipi. When I crested the hill that obstructed the view of the bottom of these falls, tears welled up in my eyes. The combination of the image of God's covenant in the rainbow combined with the steadfast rocks under the violent and forceful water was like a gift from God direct to me at that moment. Our guide was antsy to get back before the afternoon rain came, so we didn't stay long, but a glimpse was all I needed!

No comments: