15 January 2008

? Demise of Ebola ?

I just read this evening, from a reputable source (the PA working with the Myhre's in Bundi throughout this whole epidemic), that there is talk of the epidemic being declared over!  MSF is evidently leaving the district and the isolation wards are being taken down.  I wonder what they do with all of the stuff used to build/run the wards?  I wonder how long it will take for people in Bundi to start shaking hands or hugging each other again when they greet one another?  I wonder how Dr. Jonah's wife and girls are?  I wonder what my entry into this new place to call home is going to be like?  I wonder if I've got what it takes?  I wonder what it's going to be like when I don't have what it takes in any given situation? oh, geez. (I wonder...do you wonder?... he he he :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heidi, I just wanted you to know I check your blog every week and have since you left us at the hospital. You still cease to amaze me. You are a strong woman and I have no doubt you will do wonderfully in Bundi. I am sure it will be a challenge and some days you will want to give up, but that is the thing about you, you won't. Good luck on your impending journey, I will continue to keep in contact and everyone at work thinks of you often. Take care and be careful.

Deanna (SLCH)

Courtney Patch said...

Do you wander as you wonder? Or wonder as you wander? :) It will be so exciting to see how all of these questions are answered for you!!!

jilandrich said...

Thanks so much for the Isaiah email- it was really encouraging. I'm praying for you a lot these days.