15 February 2008

just a few things...

I'm going to Fort Portal for the weekend, most of which will be good bye festivities for the Bartkovich's, the couple that came here 10 years ago and started Christ School (secondary boarding school here), since then they've had 4 kids and are now going back to the States. The Pierces (David and Annelise) who have been here for the last year and a half or so I think are taking over the work of running Christ School, David will be headmaster replacing Kevin Bartkovich. There will also be shopping/resupplying done while we are there, as Fort Portal has more in terms of stores and a substantial town center than we have here in Nyahuka.

The peds ward has been crazy the last couple of days and I was shocked to find all of the kids still alive this morning (some looked really bad yesterday - worse than I've ever seen kids look...it was kind of like a mini ICU/ER actually, pretty scary, but praise God they're all still alive).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Psalm 121 from The Message
I look up to the mountains; does my strength come from the mountains? No, my strength comes from God, who made heaven earth and mountains....your Guardian God won't fall asleep. Not on your life! Israel's Guardian will never doze or sleep.....Guardian God, be the keeper of the pediatric ward!
M.