06 February 2008

WHAT is going on???

Okay, so real quickly before my hour runs out, there is something SERIOUSLY awry out at MTI (the Colorado missionary training center where I spent 3 weeks in Nov./Dec.)...Satan is having a hay day and it's not cool AT ALL!  This past Sunday 6 MTI attendees (pre-field missionaries) I think were in a car going from MTI to hear Philip Yancey speak and the car was in an accident and 3 died, and 3 are in critical condition as last I heard today from WHM's executive director.  I think 2 of the 6 people in the car were WHM apprentices on their way to Spain for two years.  One of the 2 died, her name was Jessica Pety.  The other as far as I know is still alive (Lauda).  This is the very next SPLICE pre field training session following my group back in Nov/Dec and it was during my session that we had the drama of the Denver and Co Springs shootings, requiring the center to be in lock down, etc.

This is weighing really heavy on my heart and the heart of all of my teammates here and other WHM people (including my friends the DiGloria's who are the WHM folks that did MTI at the same time I did).   I was just there...Jessica's family, Lauda, the WHM Spain team, my friend Sarah here who went to Assessment and Orientation with Jessica and had kept in touch with her, the families of the other 2 people that died, the families of the 3 people who are hanging on to life, the MTI staff, all of the teams of all 6 people involved, the other MTI attendees...I mean the impact is never ending, this was prime territory for Satan to wreak havoc on the missionary community internationally....and he has succeeded, but ultimately our Father in Heaven wins, even when it doesn't seem that's possible...Father, I believe, please help my unbelief.  Please pray.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the time you are spending in uganda, its creats a very big difference, am realy pleased . am a ugandan in st louis and a friend working with one of your friends at st johns hopital by the name judy, well we shall talk more , by the way ma name is simon. you can get more details about me at www.harmonysafaris.com which is my website for safaris to uganda. will get to you again , i understand you have only one hour on the computer

Leslie said...

praying for these families and individuals...please update us when you know their condition.