04 August 2008

Ruby Thewes

Have you ever seen the movie Cold Mountain? I watched it last night and was reminded of what a great job Renee Zellwegger (sp?) does in the role of Ruby Thewes…totally steals the show as far as I’m concerned. She’s hilarious, practical, creative, passionate, intense, and really insightful all at the same time…I love it. Here are her thoughts on the Civil War…

“Every piece of this is man’s bullshit. They call this war ‘a cloud over the land’ but they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say, ‘shit, it’s rainin’!”

1 comment:

DrsMyhre said...

We were just talking about Cold Mountain last night at dinner, I think because of the music, which is a weird coincidence because I probably have not thought of that movie in at least 5 years. You have a bit of Renee Zwellenger in you as well, some combo of humor, beauty, spunk, practicality, tell-it-like-it-is? Not sure. Miss you here. I showed Olupah the message this morning, just as we sent home the twins in bed 16 (tiny Nyangoma finally over 5 kg to chase her big brother). Love, Jennifer