04 August 2008

She keeps getting better everyday!

Saturday 2 August 2008

So Friday I found out a few more reasons I like Sister Claris so much…she was the Sister who drove the Ambulance at the hospital where she worked in India, she got in a really bad accident once riding a SCOOTER!, she’s a sports fan and loves watching the Olympics, AND she plays the harmonium. Not that I know what a harmonium is, but after listening to her describe it, I think I’d like to find out for myself sometime. I’ve had requests for a photo of this spunky new friend of mine, and I fully intend for that to happen at some point in the 8 weeks, but I don’t have one as of yet.

She's not perfect, even though she is a nun. She's the one who convinced me it's okay to take an extra 1/2 hour on my lunch break, and she asks me at least once a week what the spots are on my face as she points to each one of them. I've explained several times that it's acne, but she doesn't seem convinced...obviously.

Random thought: I need a haircut bigtime, but I’m a bit nervous about going to get it cut here…the only thing worse than a bad haircut when you have long hair is a bad haircut when you have short hair…could be really bad, but maybe I just need to take the risk…teammates have gone to a place in the Mall called Sparkles Salon…really now, “sparkles”?! I’m a little hesitant…

Random thought #2: I’m really glad Joanna called about dinner tonight seeing as the tents started going up here at the Center yesterday in preparation for a wedding reception tonight…maybe we’ll be out really late and it won’t matter.

No comments: