01 September 2008

busy week

the photo you've all been waiting for: Sister Claris
Moses: the guy in the bushes, going to town on my hair
the salon (aka "saloon") in the bushes, except you can't see the bushes...sister is standing in them and taking the photo
Friday - Sister's last day at Rubaga and that's as much of my snazzy white uniform as you're going to see :)
the blue African sky
Jinja, the source of the nile
the source is lake victoria to the right, and the nile goes off to the left
the nile - we rafted it on saturday - more to follow

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heidi! Great talking with you this morning! Glad to see Sister Claris. I love her big smile. So, the bushes guy isn't so bush-y as I expected. I didn't expect a building but just a man sitting by a bush with a pair of scissors. Yeah, I know, but you said he was IN the bushes... Haircut is cute.
Love you, H

Anonymous said...

OH GOSH I am so glad you blogged, I was getting worried since you had not blogged in over a week. Sent 2 packages to PA for you hope you get them soon.

Cheryl
SLCH

Travels said...

Hey Heidi,

I want to float down the Nile one day too. It looks beautiful, K

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with H about imagining a guy in a bush with scissors...although he kind of looked like the guy I envisioned.

J