06 September 2008

Ktown

Nyabos and Sabos, today is my first post-Rubaga Hospital day. A long, full, good day, complete with lots of grocery/supply shopping, good food, and a trio of clutch-popping running push starts of Pat's 15 year old Nissan Patrol 4x4.

I left Rubaga yesterday with completion letter and ward evaluations in hand, I got the 3 black and white 5.5cmx5cm photos taken/printed, I bought 160 US Dollars with about 260,000 Ugandan Shillings, and am now prepared to take on the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council this coming Tuesday. The king of a tribe in the Jinja area died this week and so Monday has been declared a National Holiday, therefore Tuesday is the day. I will go early and I will wait and wait and wait, I will go from this desk to that desk, from this person to that person, and wait some more, until I have a letter in my hands stating that I have been approved for registration/a work permit.

Then likely Wed. will depart for Bundibugyo. The above mentioned Nissan Patrol will need to be our transport home, and there's a good bit of work that needs to be done on it, so we're hoping for no later than Wed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A picture of Pat's 15 year old Nissan Patrol 4x4...please. thank you.

love you
J