06 September 2008

The guy in the bushes

So, as you saw in the pictures, the deed is done. My hair has been cut, by the guy in the bushes. Caroline Becker is partially to blame, she succeeded in convincing me via facebook chat. “It’ll always grow back” she said. Actually, there really isn’t any blame to place – it’s probably about 3-4 inches shorter than I asked for (and that’s when it’s wet)…apparently “chin” and “ear” are one in the same when talking about desired length of hair…but it looks fine, not the best haircut I’ve ever had but so far not the worst either. And all for 5,000Ush (= ~$3). Oh and the guy in the bushes, he’s got a name, his name is Moses…

Moses cut and cut and cut some more – for about an hour actually…including the apparently unavoidable occasional comb snag of the left ear cartilage piercing (only ripping the earring back off once). There was a woman named Eva there also…at one point she offered Sister Claris (who kindly accompanied me for this momentous event) a magazine to read (yep, even the guy in the bushes has magazines) and of all the ones she could choose, she offered her a Bridal magazine…really? The woman who has taken a lifelong vow of celibacy? I mean I guess I was thinking something more along the lines of “Catholic Digest” or something, but she graciously accepted and flipped the pages until Moses was done chopping.

Now, I know this post is about a week and a half late, and some of you have complained about my description of the guy in the bushes, saying he’s not really ‘in the bushes’ but I need to get a view of the little shop from the road, and it’s definitely in the bushes…it’s a guy in a shop in the bushes, how’s that for accuracy? ☺

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, am I the only one to think that it's kinda funny that Moses In The Bushes cut your hair? It sounds kinda biblical. Except, either the bushes need to be burning or they actually need to be reeds.
-sylwinn