24 December 2008

Christmas Cheer


This was taken yesterday, Tues. 23 Dec. You might remember Maate (see posts from April 7 and May 25 for story and pictures to jog your memory), well yesterday he came to pick up his last month of TB meds and nutritional support (ie. 20 500ml cups of dry beans). Look at this kid!!!! He looks great, probably walked all the way from home to get to the health center and manages all by himself to pick up his meds and food and so forth. He says he's going back to school next year (starts Jan/Feb 2009). I love this kid. To see what God has done in his body is pretty darn amazing. I am so privileged to be able to stand by and watch Him work (and stick my hand in whenever needed)! Blessed be His Name!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS! Heidi, thank you for what you do. This picture of Maata is amazing. The transformation is nothing short of incredible. Truly awesome. I stared at it for several minutes, also thinking of Burungi Swezen, and how their bodies have literally been transformed. Are those kids really the same boys I saw a year ago - almost unbelievable. God is beyond my imagination.

May this be your best Christmas season ever.