24 December 2008

HOME


I've written about HOME before, about the lack of definition I feel/experience in regards to the word. Jennifer was talking the other night about the place of HOME in the Christmas story and in our lives here, about the tension and how it's not an easy tension but one that we are called to, and she's right. I'm not sure where my HOME is at this point in time, maybe I have many, or maybe I have none here on this earth. But it's what I've been called to and some of the same tension was shared by Mary and Joseph who were called to leave their home with a weighty calling and were not always looked upon very well for it, and suffered because of it. But they were faithful.

I painted the three canvases in the top photo probably a year and a half ago or so maybe? (A little pause for a Christmas shout out to my dear fried Leslie who encouraged me to try my hand at painting one night at her house!) And they try to demonstrate some of the tension I'm called to and yet some of the calm I feel in spite of the tension, and I have them hanging here on my wall to remind me of all of that.

The second photo is my physical home here in Bundibugyo, decorated for Christmas. The LED lights are a different touch than I'm used to, but they work! I'm so thankful for the ability to celebrate here and for all of you. May you all have a Blessed Christmas and remember your true Home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Heidi!

Chery G.
(SLCH)