21 December 2008

Me 'n Santa

...we're tight. So on Friday, during the 2nd busiest week of his year, I got a "PERSONALIZED letter from Santa"! I was cleaning out my Spam folder in my email (which I do a few times/week so that I don't miss any emails that might be mistakenly going in there instead of into my inbox - sometimes we get hard up for communication from the outside world around here...we even resort to checking the spam folder ;) and there it was, Sender: Santa Claus, Subject: Personalized letter from Santa...I didn't open it, was sure if he's up on his virus protection up there at the North Pole and I can't have anything slowing down my already slow computer experience here in Bundibugyo, so I'm not sure what he had to say, but I'm sure it was good. Maybe he needed some emergency health care advice for Mrs. Claus, or maybe he was wondering how the Bundibugyo Road has been lately because he's got a big shipment coming this week and didn't want to run the chance of Rudolf and Prancer and the others getting stuck in any ditches...or maybe the reindeers' allergies have been bad and he wasn't sure if it being dry season here was going to be a problem for them...
Santa, home skillet, if you're reading, Cetirizine is the way to go. They'll wake up sneezing and blowing their nose but within a half hour or so they'll be good to go all the way to DRC for sure! And the road, it's fair these days, they graded some of the switchbacks just in time for you to come through without too much trouble. Oh, and we can't forget the Mrs....I hear the health care resources over there in Kijabe, Kenya are as good as they get around here, and I'm sure they'd be willing to fit her in seeing as it's gonna be a crazy week for you guys and all, or you could just have her come by Nyahuka here with the deer, I'm sure Scott would be willing to see her...their place is on the right when you see all of the Mission signposts on the left hand side of the road...just hang out there in the kitubi with everybody else and Scott will get the word just as soon as you arrive, I'm sure. Oh and thanks for the email and sorry I didn't get to open it, I'm sure you understand, your connection up there can't be all that great either. Looking forward to seeing you whenever you arrive. Remember, there's no chimney's around here, you might have to use the water tank/pvc pipes as an alternative entry route - a swimsuit might be helpful in that case, just a suggestion, not sure if you've even got one of those. Season's Greetings - Heidi

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh geez...home skillet...
Miss you, Heidi! :)
Love,
H

Becca said...

Heidi, you crack me up! :)
Love,
Becca

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and God's Peace Heidi!We all miss you so much!
love, beth

JLC said...

! Hilarious ;)