10 December 2008

Laughs from the day

Road sign: "DO NOT DRIVE ON SHOULDERS"
Amina (Ugandan friend sitting in the passenger seat as we drive down Entebbe road): "'Do not drive on shoulders', what does that mean?" :)

Street salesmen - people here just walk up and down the road selling things...men usually...these things range from bug zappers that look like tennis rackets, to inflatable swimming pools, to baby shoes, to airtime for your cell phone, to newspapers...but then today there was the guy walking across Entebbe road loaded up with bras. Yep, a wandering brassiere salesman. I mean I bet he had about 50 bras hanging from his two arms. That's an alternative I never thought of to the madness of holiday shopping at the local mall :)


1 comment:

Courtney Patch said...

heheh the brassiers guy reminds me of a man in New Market in Kolkata, who as I walked by yelled, "Hello panties!" he owned the little underwear stall, heheh.