19 December 2007

Stuff: Serious and otherwise

These are my MTI peeps and I at the end of our 3 weeks of craziness.

There have been a few blog-worthy things I would like to make note of from the last day or so.

1. Wicked (the musical). A GREAT show! Definitely see it if you have the chance. You'll never watch the Wizard of Oz in the same way again. Funny, with good music and good voices and it's live theatre, you can't get any better than that!!

2. As of yesterday morning I learned that there are discussions happening among those at WHM who have the power to discuss such things about potentially tentatively planning to send the team back to Bundibugyo in late January (and that might include me being able to go). Wow, that sounds pretty vague, you say. Well, yes it does, but it's sure has been music to my ears, let me tell you! Any movement towards me getting to Uganda is pretty exciting right now! I'm kind of trying not to get my hopes up but not succeeding very well.

3. Saving the hardest for last is the news I also heard yesterday from the senior recruiter at WHM that his wife has been diagnosed with Breast Cancer and will be having surgery the day after Christmas. I don't know many details at all, just that this news comes after 2 (not 1 but 2!) biopsies, and that they are coveting all prayers. Dan and Nancy are wonderfully refreshing examples of the life of faith to me from my short but sweet interactions with them. Please be praying for their faith in the Great Physician, for the human physicians and nurses they will be interacting with throughout this process, and for healing. Dan is the one who brought me to tears in one of my 5 interviews that day in June by encouraging me to change my image of God in my mind to include the image of "a father with a big smile on His face and His arms wide open" and not just the image of King of the Universe. And Nancy is the one who keeps Dan in line and gives him a run for his money, so please pray with me! (FYI, this just seems like one more blow to the Mission that it doesn't seem to me like we really needed considering everything else going on! Satan's been pretty busy this Christmas.) Come quickly Lord Jesus!

No comments: