15 March 2008

Ants in your pants!

Impali bring a whole new meaning to this phrase my dad used to use to describe us kids when we were really figety and couldn't stay still. Impali are pinching ants that travel in swarms along a linear path and who invaded my house yesterday morning. They had invaded the girls' house next door a few days before I so I knew it was only a matter of time before they came to my house. I was locking my door in the rain on the way to the health center and was already late and looked down at the doorway and there they were, marching right accross the doorway and under the door and into my house. They follow the walls so they had marched all the way around my greeting room and the storage room off of it but luckily that's as far as they got. I got out the can of Doom and they all promptly met their death. But evidently I need to mix water and Kerosene and pour it outside by the door and that will serve as a barrier they won't cross.

But when walking over to the girls' house to watch a movie after dinner last night I got into the house and thought I had successfully avoided the Impali attack and was sitting down on the couch and "ow ow ow ow!" I yelped after one pinched my leg and jumped up and had to take my pants off in the middle of their living room to get the couple of little pinching buggers out! The girls had both done the same thing at my house earlier in the evening so they knew exactly what was going on and all I could think of was "ants in my pants that make me wanna dance!"

Today I have the task of sweeping up the dead Impali in my house and making the kerosene barrier. Fun times.

No comments: