01 June 2008

a few photos

Susana ("sus-ah-nah") and her mother, Ada ("ah-da") - Susana is a really delightful woman who works in my house once a week and speaks about as much English as I do Lubwisi - makes for lots of laughing on both our parts :) And I think we both like to laugh, so it works out just fine :)
I think Pat took this the day after we got back to Bundi last weekend...Kymigisha is on my right, Lydia on my left and Akiki in the striped shirt (Kym and Lydia are Pat's unofficially adopted daughters of sorts - their mom, a good friend of Pat's, died of AIDS this past August)....I'm showing them pictures from our trip...they love looking at pictures, especially when there's animals or people that they recognize. Yes, that's me showing skin above my knees - shhh - only in the privacy of my own home...had to wrap a kitenge around my waist to go out to the bathroom...
Heidi vs. the tilapia - our first night on the Sesse Islands after a long day of travel and my disappointment in our accomodations - it tasted soooooo good :)
A scenic overlook of sorts in Kabale - you can see the teracing of the crops better than in the other pictures I posted...that's Sarah and I in the foreground.

No comments: