03 June 2008

this week thus far in pictures

This morning, just as we were packing up to go home, this little guy Bwambale arrived with his mom for a nutrition distribution. He's memorable for a few reasons, first that he showed up at about 2.6kg and 4 months old or something like that a month and a half ago or so, spent several weeks on the ward as an inpatient and is now a whopping 4.5 kg...second - he has one blue eye :) I don't really remember the whole genetics square calculation of the likelihood of having a child with blue eyes vs. brown, etc, but Jennifer says that this kid has to have had some caucasian blood in his history to have one blue eye...somewhere way back, there's a muzungu in this one's lineage...this is another one though who has grown into a big boy face from a "little man" face when he was underweight (thin and wrinkled)...And he was flirting with Pat :)
I know you're all probably tired of pictures of these Ankole cows, but this one I took yesterday out of one of the panes of my screened front door...they don't usually come this close to my front door, but today their keeper was a little bit of a slacker so they were just wandering wherever they pleased and I guess the grass was greener on my side of the driveway :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the word muzungu. It makes us sound kind of exotic...

J

Unknown said...

I don't get tired of ANY of your pictures, Heidi! I love all of them!