28 June 2008

Kampala update

So, it seems that I'll be going to Kampala again this week for a very brief < 24 hour stay to try to get a few things sorted out and then the plan as it stands right now is that I'll return on Sunday July 13 to begin my 8 weeks, which *should* then finish Friday Sept. 5.

I still have a lot of questions and a fair amount of fears but all in all I am confident that this really is a gift from God, this opportunity to be in Kampala for 8 weeks. Even my confidence is a gift from God to be honest. Just a month ago I was sick to my stomach about the possibility of having to go to Soroti by myself for a week, and here I am excited to go to Kampala by myself for 8 weeks!? I can take no credit.

Questions - housing? food? financing? work schedule? actual work? uniforms? community? language? transportation? church? email/internet? How does one live as a white woman alone in an African city? and the list goes on...I covet your prayers and thank all of you who have been praying, your prayers are unbelievably evident to me throughout all of this!

No comments: